2018 / 2019 / 2020
Hunt Mountain Nyala in Ethiopia
- 13 Full Hunting Days
- 2 Travel Days Included
- Multiple Areas and Camps
- Hunt is Tailored to Your Physical Condition
- High Success Rates!
- Call for Observer Rates
Mountain Nyala License Fee - $15,000 US
Meneliks Bushbuck License Fee – $6,000 US
Contact us at 727-434-0840 for Daily Rates!
This is your chance to hunt Mountain Nyala in Ethiopia with the longest established hunting outfitter in Ethiopia. Both father and son have both been named SCI’s International Professional Hunter of the Year. They won the Caledesi Award for a 43” Mountain Nyala and have earned 12 world records, 103 SCI top 10 entries and 15 muzzleloader and archery world records. This outfitter is the gold standard in Ethiopia and will deliver a carefully constructed safari that will exceed your expectations and provide a lifetime of memories.
THE HUNTING AREAS
The hunt will take place on one of three separate hunting concessions that all offer world-class Mountain Nyala hunting. Your hunt will be designed to accommodate your physical abilities and conditioning and will be conducted mainly by walking with horses being used in certain areas for rugged conditions. Some areas will utilize more tracking, while others involve a lot of glassing.
The three areas you will hunt for Mountain Nyala in Ethiopia are called Damaro (7,700 ft.), Munessa (7,400 ft.) and Odo Bulu (8,700 ft.).
THE HUNTING CAMPS
Damaro and Odu Bulu are permanent camps and feature comfortable beds and in-suite showers and toilets. The food is good and the accommodations are comfortable and feature the best that Ethiopian hunting offers. Munessa is a comfortable tented camp with in-suite showers and bathrooms. The food and services are excellent. There is a satelite phone in all camps. Internet and cell phone service is not generally available when in camp. Individual area and camp info can be viewed via the link below.
Although Mountain Nyala and Menelik’s Bushbuck are the primary species, some additional species may be available on quota. Government License Fees for additional species are below:
Camps can be reached by vehicle or by charter flight. As it is a 9 hour drive to and from the hunting concessions in the Bale Mountains, it is recomended that charter flights be utilized to maximaize hunting time. The charter panes used are Cessna Grand Caravans and can accommodateb 6 passengers and the PH and Federal Game Scout along withthe luggage and gear. Hunters can share planes on 2x2 hunts, thereby reducing the charter costs All pricing is "per plane." Drive times and Charter Flight costs are shown via the link below.
A variety of safari extensions are available to allow you to take additional species during your Mountain Nyala safari. These extensions include:
3 – Day Giant Forest Hog Extension
3 – Day Leopard Extension
- Leopard ( Not Importable to USA )
3 – Day Omo Valley Extension
- Lesser Kudu
- Northern Grant’s Gazelle
- Southern Gerenuk
- Guenther’s Dik-Dik
3 – Day Bahi Extension
- Sommering’s Gazelle
- Northern Gerenuk
- Harar Dik Dik
3 – Day Alutu Extension
FOR EXTENSION PRICING CALL 727-434-0840
So what are you waiting for? Call me for daily rates pricing!
Due to demand and limited quotas, this outfitter books up months and sometimes years in advance.
Call me today at 727-434-0840 to begin planning your hunt for Mountain Nyala in Ethiopia.
Safari Prices Include:
- All necessary camp personnel while hunting, including skinners, trackers. laundry, etc.
- Professional Hunter and hunting vehicles
- All food, bottled water, soft drinks. Domestic beer and wine (no spirits)
- Government License Fees ( See above)
- 15% VAT on the Safari Daily Rate
- Community Conservation Fee:
- Government Scout Fee:
- Firearms mportation and licensing fee:
- Air Charter
- Trophy dipping, packing, and clearing fee
- Trophy Freight
- Accommodations in Addis Ababa before, during or after the safari
- A deposit of 50% of the daily rate is required to book a safari and reserve your hunt date and licenses.
- Deposits are held in an escrow account in a USA bank until 60 days prior to your safari.
- Deposits will be refunded ONLY if a replacement is found for your cancellation.
- There are NO refunds if the safari is cancelled within 90 days of the scheduled start date.